For almost 67 years (since 1940), KFC has kept its secret chicken recipe carefully. Recently, the Chicago Tribune released. The newspaper received the original recipe from Colonel Sanders ‘nephew herbs and spices ’11’. The man found in the notes of the second wife of the founder of KFC.
Here’s the legendary recipe you can cook delicious chicken at your home.
30 minutes for Cooking time.
20-30 minutes for Soaking time.
15-18 minutes for Frying time
- Flour 2 cups
- Salt 2/3 tablespoon
- Dried Thyme 1/2 tablespoon
- Dried Basil 1/2 tablespoon
- Dried Marjoram 1/3 tablespoon
- Celery Salt 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper 1 tablespoon
- Dry Mustard 1 tablespoon
- Bell Pepper Powder 4 tablespoons
- Garlic Salt 2 tablespoons
- Ground Ginger 1 tablespoon
- Ground White Pepper 3 tablespoons
- Low-Fat Cream 1 cup
- Egg 1 beaten
- The fillet part should be additionally cut into halves for more even frying; 1 sliced chicken
- Oil Canola
How to make it:
- Flour and all the spices in a cup.
- Take another bowl and mix the egg with the low-fat cream. Dip the chicken pieces into the egg and the cream mixture at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the cream from the chicken pieces and wait until the excess runoff. Dip the chicken pieces to coat in the mixture and spices the flour, the pieces. Shake off the excess. Place the chicken pieces on a rack, and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Then is ready for the chicken is ready for frying, pour oil 7-8 cm with sides in a thick saucepan (or you can use a Dutch oven) and heat over medium heat to 175 ° C (347 F ). Use a thermometer to monitor the temperature. When you reach 175 ° C, reduce to medium. 3-4 pieces of chicken fry until the golden crust (15-18 minutes), turning once. Place the cooked chicken on a sheet covered with paper towel.
It is remarkable that this recipe is said to be one of the most valuable trade secrets in the field of nutrition. Your copy signed by Sanders kept them in a locker at the company’s headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky.